During the last few months of each year, some councils stop sending information to credit reference agencies while they complete their 'annual canvass' – an audit of all eligible voters.

If you change address during this time, you will typically receive a letter from the council advising you that you will be added to the electoral register in January of the following year.

If the inclusion or update of your address details is delayed because of the 'annual canvass', you can add a notice of correction, including proof of registration from your local council, to explain your circumstances.